We are the only place in town where your child will giggle her way to a foreign language!
Welcome to Little Spanish Playschool! I offer fun, creative Spanish immersion experiences to babies, toddlers, and kids. This is an experience you won't forget, and one you won't want your child to miss!
The summer schedule is now available, and we are now enrolling.
My classes are easy immersion classes: 90% of the conversation will be in Spanish, 10% in English. This is not a typical Spanish class that teaches isolated vocabulary by rote. I teach through songs, games, activities, crafts, dramatic play, and storytelling. Your child will have a realistic whole language experience, and learn without even realizing it! Each class is 45 minutes long, meets weekly, and is organized into short sessions.
Research in language acquisition and brain development gives us many insights:
- Children learn languages quickly and easily when they are young.
- Learning a second language early gives your child a great advantage: they will have less of an accent and pick up more of the grammar and syntax than adult learners can.
- Learning a second language is not detrimental to development in the first language.
- Learning a second language is beneficial to academic development, interpersonal development, and fosters creativity and divergent thinking.
- Children learn best through interactive experiences with others. Videos and music are fun, but aren't suitable for real language learning.
I have developed Little Spanish Playschool to meet the need in our community for high quality, interactive Spanish immersion classes for children of all ages. Try a class and you'll see: it's fun, easy, and a great way to start your child's path to a bilingual future!